Heat Wave Burnout Contest
Heat Wave Famous Burnout contest is one of the most entertaining events of the weekend. This is where show participants can go for bragging right to see who can put out the most smoke and even blow a tire. The winner gets the cash pot and the award for the best Burnout.
How do I get in on this?
Anyone who is 18 years of age with a valid driver license and has insurance can participate. You can register at the official Heat Wave Gear booth located near the main stage at most shows. There is an entry fee of $10 which all goes in to the prize fund pot. You will need to look at the schedule of events to see when the start time is and where the burn out strip is located. You must be at the burnout strip at least 10 min before the start time.
- There will be a tech Inspection before you are eligible to participate.
- Before staging, the driver must secure helmet and seat belt.
- When the vehicle is staged, the event coordinator will place the wheel caulks under front wheels then when it is safe will give you the signal to go. If there are any problems with the wheel caulks or anything seems not right you will be signaled to stop immediately.
- All vehicles will be given the same amount of time 60 seconds for start to finish.
- The contest is judged by the crowd noise and amount of smoke is put out.